Education & Workforce Development Research
Regional Indicators - Education and Workforce Development
To improve the quality of life and standard of living for the residents of northeastern Pennsylvania through Pre-K -20+ educators and workforce development professionals partnering with business to create seamless, high quality NEPA education system.
Education is our economic development future.
- The task force is comprised of diverse groups of professionals to convene and participate in creating policy solutions based on evidence and best practices that have the potential to impact statewide education policy.
- The task force examines
a variety of issues related to
connecting educators to workforce
development and business.
- The task force will provide insight into methods to increase higher education attainment in NEPA.
- The task force will work to educate the community on how education and an educated workforce is the most effective economic development tool the region has.
Task Force Members
- Lucyann Vierling, Director, Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance - Chair
- Jane Ashton, Director of Continuing Education, Penn State Wilkes Barre
- Tom Baileys, Ed.D., Administrative Director, Career Technology Center of Lackawanna County
- Lynn Biga, Executive Director, Luzerne County Head Start
- John Blake, PA State Senator
- Richard Caruso, Author
- Ida Castro, JD, The Commonwealth Medical College
- Julie Schumacher Cohen, Director of Community Relations, University of Scranton
- Tom Curra, President & CEO, WVIA
- Alexander Dawoody, Ph.D., Assistant Provost, Marywood University
- Vito Forlenza, Ph.D. Director, Regional Education Labs
- Michelle Giovagnoli, Director of Institutional and Academic Grants, King's College
- Brad Kovaleski, Director of Student Services and Engagement, Penn State Worthington Scranton
- Sue Kuhl, Alternative Learning Center, LIU 18
- Amanda Modrovsky, Director Sponsored Programs, Wilkes University
- Kevin McDonough, Assistant Professor & Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, Lackawanna College
- Jill Murray, Ph.D., Executive Vice President/Chief Academic Officer, Lackawanna College
- Dipti Pancholy, MD FACP, The Wright Center
- Graceann Platukus, Director of Institutional Research and Planning, Luzerne County Community College
- Lee Saltzgaber, MD, Interim Chief Medical Officer, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
2017: Understanding Regional Structural Unemployment 2017
2017 - Analysis of Career & Technology Education and Its Role in STEM
2016 - The Impact of Poverty on Academic Performance in Children
2015 - Comprehensive Career Development Policy
2014 - Career Preparedness - An Imperative in K-12 Education
2013 - White paper on Teacher Evaluations & Recruitment
2012 - White paper on Standarized Testing
2011 - Policy Statement on STEM Education Requirements