Education and Workforce Development
To improve the quality of life and standard of living for the residents of northeastern Pennsylvania through Pre-K -20+ educators and workforce development professionals partnering with business to create seamless, high quality NEPA education system.
Education is our economic development future.
The task force is comprised of diverse groups of professionals to convene and participate in creating policy solutions based on evidence and best practices that have the potential to impact statewide education policy.
The task force examines a variety of issues related to connecting educators to workforce development and business.
The task force will provide insight into methods to increase higher education attainment in NEPA.
The task force will work to educate the community on how education and an educated workforce is the most effective economic development tool the region has.
Education and Workforce Development Research
Visit The Institute’s You Tube Channel for short videos on our education and workforce development research.
Task Force Members
- Lucyann Vierling, Director, Workforce Alliance – Chair
- Jane Ashton, Director of Continuing Education, Penn State Wilkes Barre
- Karen Baker, Senior Director Advancement, Johnson College
- Jumee Barooah, M.D., Designated Institutional Official, The Wright Center
- Lynn Biga, Executive Director, Luzerne County Head Start
- John Blake, District Director, Congressman Matt Cartwright
- Julie Schumacher Cohen, Director of Community Relations, University of Scranton
- Michelle Giovagnoli, Director of Institutional and Academic Grants, King’s College
- Brad Kovaleski, Director of Student Services and Engagement, Penn State Scranton
- Sue Kuhl, Alternative Learning Center, LIU 18
- Jill Murray, President & Chief Innovation Officer, Lackawanna College
- Kellyn Nolan, Chief Academic Officer, Johnson College
- Graceann Platukus, Ed.D., Director of Institutional Research and Planning, Luzerne County Community College
- Ann Sadusky, Director of Human Resources, McCarthy Tire Service
- Connie Sixta, VP for Quality and Assurance, The Wright Center
- Kirsten Smith, Education & Grants Director, WVIA
- Debra Youngfelt, Executive Director, AHEC
- Gerald Zaboski, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management & External Affairs, University of Scranton