Jobs, Economy, and Economic Development
To improve the quality of life and standard of living for the residents of northeastern Pennsylvania through the formation of economic development strategies; economic analysis, case studies, and best practices relating to effective and efficient government, growth, revitalization, and sustainability as well as policy implications impacting all of the above.
The task force is comprised of diverse groups of professionals to convene and participate in creating strategies, plans, policy solutions based on evidence, and best practices that have the potential to positively influence local and statewide economies and economic development in order to increase jobs, attract talent, and develop a more sustainable economic environment.
Jobs, Economy & Economic Development Research
Visit The Institute’s You Tube Channel for short videos on our jobs, economy, & economic development research.
Task Force Members
- Robert Luciani, Vice President Prudential – Chair
- Pam Anslinger, Financial Homeownership Specialist, NeighborWorks Northeast
- Karen Baker, Senior Advancement Director, Johnson College
- Lindsay Griffin Boylan, Greater Wyoming Valley Chamber of Commer
- John P. Blake, District Director, Congressman Matt Cartwright
- Fran Calpin, Senior Director of College Relations, Keystone College
- Colleen Carter, Director of Marketing, McCarthy Tire Service
- John Cognetti, President & Broker of Record, Hinerfeld Commercial Real Estate
- Julie Schumacher Cohen, Director of Community Relations, University of Scranton
- Ron Daniels, Chief Financial Officer, The Wright Center
- Laura Ducceschi, President & CEO, Scranton Area Foundation
- Kellie Knesis, VP of Human Resources, The Wright Center
- Katie Leonard, Ed.D., President, Johnson College
- Joe Lettiere, Vice President, Greater Hazleton CAN DO, Inc.
- Amy Luyster, Vice President, Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce
- Alana Roberts, Regional Public Affairs Director, PPL Electric Utilities
- Jahan Tabat, Family Investments Realty
- Kate Sickora, Chief Development Officer, WVIA
- Lucyann Vierling, Workforce Alliance
- Marwan Wafa, Ph.D., Penn State Scranton