To improve the quality of life and standard of living for the residents of northeastern Pennsylvania through examination of housing stock and housing affordability.
The task force is comprised of diverse groups of professionals to convene and participate in creating policy solutions based on evidence and best practices that have the potential to impact legislation and beyond.
The task force examines a variety of issues related to housing planning and zoning, affordability, housing stock, and homelessness. Key data and trends concerning these factors as well as case studies and best practices are considered.
The task force will maintains a bilingual education information best website to assist new and existing homebuyers.
The task force produces newsletters and coordinates events related to housing.
Visit The Institute’s You Tube Channel for video presentations on our housing research.
Task Force Members
- Charlie Kasko, – Chair, Classic Properties
- Lisa Durkin, President & CEO, United Neighborhood Centers
- Jesse Ergott, Executive Director, NeighborWorks Northeast
- Steven Farrell, Owner, Classic Properties
- Patrick Fricchione, President & CEO, Simplex Homes
- Dana Hanchin, HDC MidAtlantic
- Patricia Moroz, US, Housing & Urban Development
- Andy Reilly, Luzerne County Community Development Department