Health and Health Care
To improve the quality of life and standard of living for the residents of northeastern Pennsylvania through examination of health status, health care delivery, healthcare costs and insurance.
The task force is comprised of diverse groups of professionals to convene and participate in creating policy solutions based on evidence and best practices that have the potential to impact legislation and beyond. With Institute support, the task force will examine a variety of issues related to provider reimbursement, access, and other issues included in the health care reform act.Key data and trends concerning reimbursement, competition, and uncompensated care will be examined and policy statements will be developed as appropriate.Research may include both primary and secondary work.
The task force will provide insight into the health and healthcare indicators as appropriate to ensure a comprehensive, high quality set of benchmarks of health and healthcare status. The task force will work with staff to generate funding for a market study of patients and their appraisal of health care and providers in northeastern Pennsylvania to assess why millions of dollars are spent o n accessing healthcare outside the region on an annual basis.
Health and Health Care Research
Visit The Institute’s You Tube Channel for short videos on our health & health care research.
Task Force Members
- Dr. Julie Byerley, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine – Chair
- Karen Baker, Senior Advancement Director, Johnson College
- William Conaboy, President & CEO, Allied Services
- Laura Ducceschi, President & CEO, Scranton Area Foundation
- Maria Montoro Edwards, President & CEO, Maternal & Family Health Services
- Brian Ebersole, Senior Director, Health Innovations, Geisinger
- Joe Grilli, Community Member
- Joseph Hollander, Executive Director, Scranton Primary Health Care Center
- Tiffany Jaskulski, Chief Operating Officer, The Wright Center
- Barbara Norton, Director, Corporate and Foundation Research, Allied Services
- Ben Payavis, Chief Content Officer, WVIA
- Raymond E. Petren, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Human Development & Family Studies, Penn State Scranton
- Brian Rinker, Senior Vice President, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Paul Rushton, Esq., Partner, Resenn Jenkins & Greenwald LLP
- Bette Saxton, Community Member
- Jignesh Y. Sheth, MD, Chief Medical Officer, The Wright Center
- Susan Sordoni, MD, Founder Volunteers in Medicine
- Laura Toole, Executive Vice President, Northeast Regional Cancer Institute